Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wedding Shower: "Wild & Bling"

Ready for something wild? Now we're talking ALL KINDS of animal print. Cheetah. Leopard. Definitely Zebra print. And show me Tiger!



My absolute favorite part of the wedding shower for future sister-in-law Jewel? The cake, of course! (And not just because I made it ... )

Animal print Cake Tattoos from Duff? Umm, yes please! Very easy to use, and absolutely the look we were going for.



Mikaelah found these adorable mini "paint cans" of gumballs back around Easter, and she kept them around with this cake in mind. (Aren't they packaged so cute?)


Below was the name card we made for the bride-to-be. I think she really liked it!

 
Gotta have the "Future Mrs. Prather" sash.


Jewel is a dachshund fan till the end, so these kissing wiener dogs made a cute little keepsake for her. They're salt and pepper shakers!


"Mr. and Mrs.": Created using the ever-so-popular Cricut. Just love that thing!


The party setup was just wild!


Decorative topiaries to go along with the animal print theme.


This is where part of the "Bling" theme came in.


Who knew you could find so many things in animal print?




Fun "Future Mrs. Prather" banner, complete in various animal prints, of course!


Now this was just funny. I was in charge of handling the games portion of the wedding shower. Now I'm not a huge fan of shower games, but I couldn't resist this one! It was a "Wild Photo Captions" contest.

Among the winners:
"If you don't ask me to marry you, you're never getting out of these woods!"
"You think I've got a choke hold on you now? Wait till we're married!"


Another wild table setup. Love how everything POPS against the black!




More of the wild topiaries.



We had a lot of fun with this one! Mikaelah really put a lot of hard work into getting it all ready! Hope you liked it, Jewel!


Anna

2 comments:

  1. The cake looks awesome. :) Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! The wedding is simply adorable. I am simply in love with your arrangements especially the animal printed cake. The wedding favors are really great. Want to get some ideas on favors for my wedding at one of wedding venues NYC. Now thinking of using some of your ideas as I truly loved them.

    ReplyDelete