Wednesday, April 11, 2012

{Worth Celebrating} Happy Birthday to Our Blog!

Wow. I feel like the horrible parent who forgot her child's birthday.So horrible that I'm shaking my own finger at myself as we speak.

But maybe I shouldn't feel so bad. After all, the "child" I'm referring to can't really hold it against me. This "child" is something I've babied for a whole year now, and now it's growing even faster than I ever imagined.

So a big (and a little overdue) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our Banana Lala blog!


And, Blog, you know that Mikaelah and I love you, and please know that we really wanted to create a custom birthday banner for your big celebration. But just know that both Banana and Lala have been a little busy lately, so instead, we hope you'll settle for this generic and boring banner instead ... You know, a little customization and creativity could really spruce that banner up. Wonder if anyone knows someone who could do that for us ... ?  =)

But on a serious note: Mikaelah and I are incredibly blessed and so thankful for everything that this last year has brought. On April 3, 2011, I started this blog on a whim. I was looking for a creative outlet, so I started Banana Lala along with my "sistor" Mikaelah as a way to do something fun and share it with others. We started by making cupcakes, playing around with recipes, and sharing party setups that we had created. Somewhere in there, we started creating custom party banners. Little did we know that we would be where we are today.

In late August 2011, we opened our Banana Lala shop on Etsy. We deliberated for a long time whether anyone would actually be interested in buying banners from us. We made our first sale in early September, after only a few weeks. I was beyond excited about making that first sale. And now, 71 sales later, we're shipping custom banners all across the United States.

It's such a wonderful feeling not only to create banners for all of our customers, but to know that they are trusting us and our talents when it comes to their special events. Their birthdays. Their baby showers. And their weddings! What an honor it is for us.

We thank God for everything he has done for us, and for leading us to start a small business that we truly love. We are feeling incredibly blessed, and we cannot wait to see where this business takes us in the future.

Thank you, to our fans and our customers! And Happy Birthday, Banana Lala!

Anna and Mikaelah

No comments:

Post a Comment