Monday, July 4, 2011

A very happy (and crafty!) Fourth of July

 I've been wanting to make this festive Fourth of July banner for a few weeks now, and today I finally got around to putting it all together!



I got the idea from here, and I just had to try it myself. I'd created a similar one with Easter eggs and pastel colors, but just loved the red, white and blue one!

The best part? It's practically free to make because it's made of paint swatches =)


It was so simple. First I grabbed some paint swatches from the local home improvement store.

Then I cut a star out of scratch paper, using it as a template to trace the star pattern on the back of each of the red, white and blue swatches.

Cut them out, string them together, and voila! I used some white tulle I had on hand, tying a knot in the tulle where each star would be taped to it. (Also could have used a hot glue gun to affix the stars to the tulle, but I think I might reuse the stars somewhere else later on ...)


Happy Fourth of July, everyone!



Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment