Saturday, April 16, 2011

Banana Walnut Mini-Muffin Loaves


Banana nut bread is near the very top of my list of favorite baked goods. So moist and soo easy to make from scratch. For years now, I've used the recipe provided on Joy of Baking, and it is unbeatable.

I've also been making a lot of muffins lately, making them with applesauce. No eggs, oil, butter or dairy of any kind. They're also made with a mix of whole wheat and white flour, and also some ground flax seed as well. They are delish! My mom made them for years, and I just recently started keeping that tradition going. So far I've mastered the chocolate chip and orange (I'm calling them Oh No, Orange! They are so yummy!) and also an apple spice muffin. I tried my hand at a lemon poppyseed, but it just didn't come out ... but I'll keep trying on that one.

So I decided one day that I wanted to try to make banana nut applesauce muffins. My recipe calls for about 2 cups of applesauce, but I had only one. Remember, I've got a toddler who loves applesauce, so it usually goes fast in our household!

I ended up making yummy banana nut mini-loaves based on half the applesauce recipe and half the one from Joy of Baking. They turned out so good! I should have made a double batch!

I think I'll have to make the combo-recipe one more time to write down exactly how I did it, because I really just kind of threw ingredients in the bowl, hoping it would work. I'm just glad it did  =)


 These little muffin loaves were with my chocolate chip muffin recipe, but I just love these labels! So fun.

Here's the Joy of Baking link for Banana Bread. I love everything on that website, and I want to try it all.

Happy baking, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment