Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Yummy Nutter Butter Baby Cookies

I LOVE peanut butter. I LOVE cookies. And I LOVE babies!

All of these come together for Nutter Butter Baby Cookies. These are simple and a lot of fun to create ... and no baking required.



I started with a regular sized package of the yummy cookies. (Guilty. I ate about two of them ... OK, maybe three or four.)


I use almond bark a lot for candy-making. So I grabbed up some white chocolate almond bark to make these cookies. I broke off a few blocks, placed them in a microwave-safe bowl and heated it up in slow increments (you don't want to burn it). Once it's all melted, stir in the coloring of your choice, if using. I use concentrated pastes found in the baking aisle of the craft section.


A small off-set spatula makes spreading easy ...


Plain almond bark, melted and piped into a circle, makes baby's head =) And melted chocolate makes baby's face.
********


Although the above Nutter Butter Babies were born just in time for Amy's baby shower, these ones below were delivered in time for my baby shower back in 2009. My husband and I didn't know what we were having, so I made them the very gender-neutral yellow and green =)


Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment